Date09/26/2019 @ 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
10142 Jones Rd
Houston, TX 77065
GACC South Members: $50
GACC South Members (Under 21): $40
Non-Members (Under 21): $65
Grab your Lederhosen and Dirndl and come celebrate Oktoberfest with us! The GACC South will bring Germany’s most famous festival to Houston!
Traditional German food, cold beer, live music, axe throwing, costume contest, and fun games at Houston’s newest craft brewery, Klaus Brewery, featuring German-style brews.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Download our brochure to find out which opportunity is right for you.
Guests will choose two meats, two sides, and one dessert. Plus choice of water, soda, or coffee. Beer is all-inclusive.
Meats: Schnitzel, Currywurst, Bratwurst, Berliner Boulette
Sides: French Fries, Potato Salad, Spätzle, Pretzel, Sauerkraut, Rolls
Dessert: Apfelkuchen (Apple Cake), Erdbeersahnekuchen (Strawberry Cream Cake)
- One Helles of a Lager: This Munich style Helles (Bright) Lager is the quintessential beer garden quaff. This slightly malt forward pale session lager is crisp and dry with restrained noble hop bitterness and delicate aroma. 5.4% ABV 21 IBU
- Edelweizen: This Helles (Pale) Weissbier, or Hefeweizen, is a Bavarian classic. This wheat ale style incorporates German noble (Edel) hops and specialized yeast, which gives it its signature banana and clove flavors. This complex, yet delicate and refreshing, beer can be enjoyed anytime. 5% ABV 15 IBU
- Wanderlust: Altbier is an example of a true German ale session beer. This copper colored example offers well balanced bittersweet drinkability that utilizes classic noble hop notes and a nutty malt aroma and finish. 5% ABV 28 IBU
- Kaiser Kolsch: The blonde, slightly less hoppy cousin of the copper colored Altbier. This German blonde ale style originates from the city of Cologne and is Germany’s youngest beer style. This example uses a special Cologne malt along with German noble hops to finish with a slight floral/spice finish. 4.9% ABV 22 IBU
- Drindl Dropper: A classic Bavarian lager recognized across the world for its namesake Oktoberfest! This signature style is a rich and complex malt forward brew that is moderately strong and mildly hopped with German noble varieties. This elegant brew finishes long yet is surprisingly drinkable. 5.8% ABV 25 IBU
- Dunkel Breakin’ My Heart: Complex yet still sessionable, this beer has subtle chocolate overtones supported by a rich noble hops to balance the maltiness of this beer with moderately low bitterness and a touch of mingling spiciness. 4.9% ABV 25 IBU
- Berliner Weisse: This tart wheat ale is refreshing and sessionable with a light lemony acidity upfront and a crisp finish with a doughy aftertaste. Brewed traditionally, this beer is soured in the brew kettle by naturally occurring lactobacillus found on malted barley and wheat. 3.5% ABV 2.5
- Pilsnerfest: Pilsnerfest has notes of hay, wild flowers and tangerine with a lightly sweet and grainy malt profile. It finishes crisp and dry with a long hop forward balance. This beer is brewed with a heritage barley from Germany and a modern German grown hop called Saphir which together make this beer both historic and modern. 5.5% ABV 33 IBU