DOE’s Final Title IX Regulations
Date05/27/2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
GACC South Members and Non-Members: Free
Registration is required.
This event is in UTC-5 Eastern time.
Key Modifications and Practical Guidance on What To Do Now!
On May 6, 2020, the Department of Education (DOE) released the unofficial version of its highly anticipated and controversial Title IX regulations. The Final Rule enacts sweeping changes to Title IX regulations, much of which was previewed in our practical guidance webinar on the notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) the DOE issued in November 2018. Among other things, the Final Rule revises the scope of a school’s responsibility for managing incidents of sexual harassment involving employees, codifies procedural requirements for the resolution of Title IX complaints, and modifies key concepts.
Please join us for a webinar highlighting the major regulatory changes and key takeaways from the final regulations. We will also provide detailed guidance regarding what educational institutions can do now to ensure legal compliance by the effective date of the Final Rule, August 14, 2020.
Several major regulatory changes and clarifications covered in this webinar include:
- New training requirements
- Employment issues
- Application of Title IX to employees (i.e. faculty and staff)
- Amendments to school liability for Title IX violations
- Choice of evidentiary standard and due process protections
- Cross examination and live hearings
- Mandatory appeals process
Key Advisory Topics
- Mandatory response obligations
- Modifications to investigation and hearing procedures
- How the processes—formal and informal—work
- Policy changes institutions need to implement by Aug. 14
Meet our Speakers