WEBINAR: How the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” will impact your business
Date03/26/2020 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
GACC South Members and Non-Members: Free
This webinar is taking place in the Eastern Time Zone.
Registration is required.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act responds to the coronavirus outbreak by providing paid sick leave and free coronavirus testing, expanding food assistance and unemployment benefits, and requiring employers to provide additional protections for health care workers. Find out more on how this bill will impact small and medium sized businesses.
Further information that will be covered in this webinar includes:
- A federal emergency paid leave benefits program to provide payment to employees taking paid and unpaid leave due to the coronavirus outbreak
- Expansion of unemployment benefits
- Requirement for employers with 500 or less employees to provide paid sick leave to employees
- Establishment of requirements for providing coronavirus diagnostic testing at no cost to consumers
- Treatment of personal respiratory protective devices as covered countermeasures that are eligible for certain liability protections
- Temporary increase the Medicaid federal medical assistance percentage (FMAP)