German American Business Outlook 2024
The German American Business Outlook (GABO) is an annual survey of German-American business relations directed at German subsidiaries in the US assessing current economic developments and trends in transatlantic business.
The German American Business Outlook (GABO) is one of the most important economic indicators of German American business relations. Each year, the German American Chambers of Commerce survey German subsidiaries in the United States on their views of the US as an investment location.
Executive Summary 2023
GERMAN COMPANIES IN THE U.S PROFIT FROM ROBUST MARKET SIZE AND CONTINUED CUSTOMER DEMAND
- 93% plan to grow their company’s US investments in the next three years
- German companies view the US as an attractive environment for future investment; 22% plan to invest more than $10 million by 2025
- 64% of German companies in the US predict growth of the US economy in 2023
- 85% expect their net sales to grow; 30% expect strong to very strong growth; only 5% expect a decline in their net sales in 2023
- Skilled workforce remains #1 challenge for German companies; inflation is another top concern